Buying electrical supplies online may sound very easy, considering the convenience and comfort of purchasing it. In just one click, you can but your needed supplies without even going to stores. You can buy it anywhere you want and whenever you want. However, you also need to be careful when you explore this kind of option, one mistake will lead you t an even serious risk.
Before buying electrical equipment, you need to ask these questions to ensure you’re selecting the best quality materials in the online market.
- Is the supply an original factory product?
- Is the box sealed and is the product new?
- Does the equipment display structural damage such as fractures or cracks?
- Does the product have any proofs of safety and reliability tests?
- Does the equipment show any flash of being burned in any way possible?
- Was the equipment been used before? IF so, when was the last time it was in use?
- Has the product malfunctioned before? What were the reasons for the failure?
- Does the equipment have a warranty? When does the warranty expire?
- Does the company allow you to return the product if it doesn’t meet the required standards?
Important Things You Need to Consider
After having to ask those questions, make sure to check the following before making a purchase online.
Input/Output Voltage Ratings
It pays to have a clear understanding of the voltage of the electrical equipment. You also need to know the voltage rating of the power source you are using. This will allow you to determine if the equipment is suitable for the required application or not.
Continuous Current Ratings
Checking the continuous current rating will help you determine if the device can work properly in a different environment or not. The rating represents the continuous current that can be carried by the device when it is used in the precise temperature.
Short-Circuit Current Rating (SCCR)
SCCR defines the maximum short-circuit current that electrical equipment can safely handle. It is important that you choose the components with the proper rating.