Who does not like a good story? Everybody, right! A good story has the power to move people and bring revolution. It can make people sit and think and have a deeper connection with people’s emotions. This is the reason why marketing and storytelling have joined hands these days. People live a good story and brands have a story to tell. So why not tell the story about a brand that will make people more engaged? A great idea isn’t it! This is where corporate storytelling picks up pace.
Business storytelling is all about describing a brand or a business, in way that it will bring more listeners. A good story is all about telling the customers about the brand and what it stands for. In simple words, it is a way of presenting the values more narratively.
A powerful story of a brand is all about evoking emotions and luring the customers for further engagement on various platforms. A good article, a great advertisement, or a spectacular informative video; all these are an effective way of storytelling.
Why corporate storytelling works?
Some of the reasons why corporate storytelling has been very effective lately are:
- A good story about a brand will help in engaging the customers on a deeper level. It will grab their attention and will spark emotions.
- A good story with a strong message evokes emotions and makes the listener vulnerable. This vulnerability makes customers more proactive in taking decisions regarding the brand.
- A good story will help in creating better memories. Memories help the brand in being a part of the customer’s subconscious.
How to tell a good story?
Storytelling about a business is not as easy as it sounds. It needs to be compelling and should have a proper context. A few things that should be kept in mind while creating a story are:
- Keep it simple: one of the most important things is to keep the story simple so that it can be understood easily by the target audience.
- Make it personal: stories which have a genuine personal touch, tend to grab more attention of the audience. It should have a storyteller or a hero, which can be an employee, customer, etc.
- Be genuine: telling a heartfelt story can be a game-changer. It should reflect the values and promises of the brands, and how the brand will keep those promises.
- Solve a problem: simply telling a story at times is not enough. it is important to solve certain problems of the customers with properstorytelling.
Telling a story is all about grabbing attention. But when it comes to businesses and their marketing storytelling, it is not just about grabbing attention. A good story will make the customer think and will also evoke emotions which will make them take actions.