Andorra is a small country located in the Sierra de Los Pirineos, geographically between Spain, with whom it borders the south, and France, to the north. Its official language is Catalan, although Spanish has the same presence and French, already on a smaller scale. This country has 468 km 2 of extension, its capital is Andorra la Vella, and it is organized into seven parishes or areas. Now, we can have a chance to vivir en andorra, and fulfill our dreams.
Andorra’s role in the European Union
- Even though Andorra has not been an official member of the European Union since 1990, it is considered part of it for economic activities, such as the trade-in manufactured goods. And therefore, these activities are exempt from taxes.
- As for the control of people, Andorra is not part of the Schengen area, maintaining its controls at its border. On the other hand, it does not issue any visa, having entry requirements similar to the rest of the Union’s territories.
- This is because to access the country, and we must do so through a territory annexed to the Schengen treaty. Therefore, those visitors (from outside the EU) who wish to enter Andorran territory must apply for a multiple entry visa, since visiting the country means leaving the European Union.
- The use of the common European currency in Andorra is allowed thanks to an agreement signed in 2013.
The Andorran economy
The Andorran economy is currently supported by tourism, even though the principality has traditionally been known for being an agricultural and livestock country. Millions of tourists visit Andorra annually, attracted by the region’s climate and trade. Among these millions of tourists who visit the country, many eventually go to vivir en andorra.
Advantages of living in Andorra
Thanks to its economic model, the establishment of companies in the small country has been favored since the tax advantages of Andorra do not go unnoticed. This has also favored the departure of foreigners to the country to settle permanently.
Settle in the Principality of Andorra
- People who settle in the country and do not carry out any work activity will initially have a two-year residence thanks to the passive residence permit. This period can be extendable for up to 2 more years, but a series of requirements must be met. On the other hand, people who work in Andorra on their own can obtain active residence in the country.
- Whether we are an investor, or if we have a business, or are self-employed, Andorra Advisors puts at our disposal all its legal services and its accounting and tax advice so that we can enjoy all the advantages that the country offers.
Hence, a person who does not have Andorran nationality but decides to vivir en andorra can carry out the activities necessary to manage their assets.