Musical junkie or not, it is hard not to have heard about SoundCloud is. It is a global platform, a safe space for musicians to share their work. A diverse community that helps you discover all kinds of music. People of this platform connect over unique tracks, podcasts and raw demos.
Founded in the year 2007, SoundCloud has helped several independent artists build their careers. Music producers use social networks to review their work and collect responses from a global audience. If a track is being well appreciated, then it receives a lot of plays and likes. It is the best place for listers who want to get inspired and explore something other than commercial music. It is possible to generate revenue through Soundcloud if you have all rights reserved for the content that you put out there. You get paid on the basis of likes and plays that you get. You may buy Soundcloud plays here.
To get your profile verified on SoundCloud, you need to:
- Need to have a profile picture, a bio and at least one uploaded track
- Unique Content (Fan accounts are easily traceable)
- You need to be highly searched on musical platforms.
- A SoundCloud Pro Account is prioritised during verification.
In case your verification application gets rejected, you can reapply in 30 days. It is advisable to work on growing followers before reapplying for the application.
Every play on SoundCloud can get you from $0.0025-$0.004. Therefore, you can earn between $2.50-$4.00 for every 1000 plays. So, artists with 1 Billion streams can earn upto 3 Million in royalties.
Real-life plays can be bought easily. You can buy SoundCloud plays here. Payments are wired to individual PayPal accounts and are auto-deposited by the end of each month. Payments start once the account exceeds $5. SoundCloud payments take 60 days to reflect on PayPal accounts. If you are working with collaborators and want to split the pay, all you need to do is enter the percentage, and the rest is taken care of by the app.
Reasons Why my SoundCloud Payment is stuck:
- If you have an incomplete tax form, then payments are likely to get stuck.
- You need to collect royalties worth $5 in order for you to start getting paid.
- The email id that is in use needs to be associated with the same PayPal account in order to get paid on SoundCloud.